The possibility of “saving” on Realtor commission might sound appealing to those interested in selling their home, but a real estate agent has the background and experience to make the sale of your home more successful. A huge amount of time, marketing and effort goes into selling a home. Plus, it’s important to have a professional guide you and protect you from the unknown in the sale of your most important financial asset.
When considering selling your home yourself, remember the following:
- The National Association of REALTORS reported that FSBOs (For Sale By Owner) have a typical selling price that is 24% lower than homes sold by a professional real estate agent.
- An agent puts a buffer between you and your property. You likely have a great deal of emotional attachment to your home. Hiring an agent puts a third party between you and the transaction, and this third party can be comforting to you as the home seller.
- An agent relieves doubt from the sale. Considerations when selling your home include the local market, pricing, disclosures and property access. When selling your home alone, you may have doubt about timing, pricing and other factors. A real estate agent can talk you through all of your worries and questions to make sure that when the time comes to list your home, you are ready.
- An agent helps relieve stress. Selling a home on your own takes a significant amount of time, both in preparing the house for sale and during its time on the market. You will have to be prepared to field calls and emails from buyers as well as show the house at a moment’s notice. There will also be title work to do, dates to coordinate and inspections to schedule. Hiring a real estate professional minimizes the work and stress of selling your home.
- Buyers’ agents may be less inclined to show your home to their buyers. Seasoned real estate agents know how to negotiate with other agents and understand the pros and cons of trying to negotiate directly with homeowners. It may not be worth the potential “hassle” for some agents to show your home to their buyers.
Selling a home is one of the largest financial transactions you’ll navigate in your life, and it can often be complicated. Hiring the right real estate agent can smooth out a stressful process and take the worry off your shoulders so you can concentrate on moving into your new home.
When you are ready to list your home, I’d love to help you! As a trusted real estate professional, I am only looking out for your best interests. Call me today to set up an appointment and see how I can help you.